一、语音知识（共 5 小题：每题 1.5 分，共 7.5 分）
在下列每组单词中， 有一个单词的划线部分与其他单词的划线部分的读音不同， 找出这
正确答案： 1、 A 2 、 C 3 、 A 4 、B 5 、D
【名师解析】这几道题分别考察字母组合 ai, s, u y, tion 的发音。
二．词汇与语法知识（共 15 小题；每题 1.5 分，共 22.5 分。）
6. What do you imagine the child uses this old tool _____ ?
A. about B. by C. for D. of
解析 C. use sth for ，表示用某物做某事
7.- Have you got a camera?
-No. I should buy.
A. it B. one C. that D. this
【名师解析】 B. 此题考察 it 和 one 的区别。 It 是特指某物，而 one 指的是一个 .
8. Peter was about to unlock the door _____ he found someone had broken into
A. once B. before C. than D. when
【名师解析】 D此题考察四个连词的区别。根据词义应该选 D when 这时，此刻。
9. The speaker, _____ for his speeches, was warmly received by the students.
A. known B. to be known C. having known D. being known
【名师解析】 A 此题考察分词作定语，应该和所修饰词找关系。 The speaker 应该是被
10. His ____ is so great that money doesn ’ t mean much to him.
A. idea B. richness C. health D. wealth
【名师解析】 D 此题考察四个选项的意思。 Ideas 是主意，想法。 richness 是富裕，
富有。 Health 是健康。 Wealth 是财富。 根据意思应该选 D。
11. My husband and I both go out to work, _____ we share housework at home.
A. for B. so C. yet D. or
【名师解析】 B 此题在考察学生连词。 根据句意应该选 B。我和我的丈夫都在外边工作，
12. -Would you like to go to the cinema with us tonight?
-_____, but I don ’ t think I can afford the time.
A. I ’d B. I ’ d better go C. I didn ’ t wan to D. I wouldn ’ t
【名师解析】 A 回答中的 but 说明前后句的意思是相反的。后句说我们有时间，所以前
13. It is recorded that in 1892 the weather became so cold that the river ____
A. freezes B. was freezing C. has frozen D. froze
【名师解析】 D 此题考察时态。很明显 in 1892 出现了，应该是一般过去时。
14. The President gave the Secretary of State 30 days ____ the report.
A. completes B. to complete C. completing D. completed
【名师解析】 B. 此题考察动词不定式 . 第一个动词是 gave, 后边应该加 to do 的形式。
15. -Who do you think has made my room so dirty, Mom?
-It ____ be your younger brother.
A. must B. shall C. will D. would
【名师解析】 A。此题考察情态动词 must 表示猜测的意思，一定。
16. Hold on, please. I ’ll put you ____ to the manager.
A. across B. through C. off D. over
【名师解析】 B put through to sb 是个固定短语，接通某人的电话。
17. People were disturbed and began to see where the noise ___.
A. is coming B. was coming C. has come D. had come
【名师解析】 B 人们被打扰了，开始去看噪音是来自哪里的。
18. _____ in the letter did the young man say anything about his mistake.
A. Anywhere B. Everywhere C. Nowhere D. Somewhere
【名师解析】 C。看到此题是陈述句，但是 did 提前了，应该立刻想到倒装，看选项能
19. The Greens chose to live ___ life was cheap, and they moved to a small town
A. if B. until C. when D. where
20. I wrote a letter to the car dealer, _____ what had happened to my net car.
A. explaining B. to explain C. explains D. explained
三．完形填空（共 15 小题：每题２分，共 30 分。）
Everyone likes things that are free, and businesses often give things for free
to customers as a way of getting more people to pay attention to their products.
Ariely, a scientist from MIT, did an experiment on what people would do when
_21_ things that were free. He _22_ a group of students two kinds of chocolates:
the good one for 15 cents each and the poor one for I cent each. The good chocolate
was worth ﹩ 1.00, so 15 cents was very cheap, _23_ the poor quality chocolate was
worth 5 cents, so _24_ it for I cent wasn ’ t very cheap.
Most people chose the high quality chocolate for 15 cents. That ’ s not a _25_.
But then Ariely lowered the _26_ of both pieces of chocolate by I cent. If people
were _27_ correctly, then they should _28_ choose the good quality chocolate. But
that _29_ what happened. Most people chose the free chocolate. This doesn ’ t make
sense in our _30_ way of understanding economic behavior( 经济行为 ).
What is happening here? Ariely _31_ that people want to get a good bargain .
But they also want to reduce risk( 风险 ). That is, they want to _32_ the chance of
making a _33_. If you pay 14 cents for a piece of chocolate, and then you don ’ t
_34_ like it when you eat it, you have lost 14 cents. But when something is free
and you don ’ t like it, you haven ’ t lost anything. People would _35_ not to take
a risk over getting a better bargain.
21. A. facing B. buying C. giving D. treating
【名师解析】 A. 根据意思来选择。 Ariely 做了一个实验，关于当人们面对免费东西时
22. A. posted B. produced C. offered D. told
【名师解析】 C. 他给了一群学生两种巧克力 .offer 表示提供，给。
23. A. if B. as C. for D. but
【名师解析】 D 根据此句话的意思：高质量的巧克力值﹩ 1.00 ，所以 15 分是非常便宜
的，下一句是低质量的值 5 分，所以两句间应该是转折关系，用 but.
24. A. getting B. holding C. eating D. making
【名师解析】 A. 这里的 getting 相当于 buying. 根据句意， 因此用一分钱买不是很便宜。
25. A. dream B. reason C. reply D. surprise
26. A. weight B. size C. price D. quality
【名师解析】 C。根据上下文，下文是降低了巧克力的价格。所以这里应该是 lower the
27. A. working B. thinking C. planning D. looking
【名师解析】 B. 如果人们正确的思考，他们仍然应该选择高质量的巧克力。
28. A. still B. once C. almost D. even
【名师解析】 A。 still 仍然，还。符合题意。
29. A. should be B. shouldn ’ t be C. is D. isn ’ t
30. A. easy B. old C. normal D. modem
31. A. questioned B. explained C. agreed D.
【名师解析】 B。上文讲到人们的行为不正常，所以 Ariely 对此进行了解释…… .
而不是质疑 question, 或 agree 。
32. A. find B. leam C. lower D. take
33. A. decision B. mistake C. promise D. waming
【名师解析】 B。 make a mistake 是固定短语。
34. A. usually B. gradually C. certainly D.
35. A. start B. prefer C. manage D.
四．阅读理解（共 15 小题：每题 3 分，共 45 分。）
Probably no other musical instrument( 乐器 ) is as popular around the world as
the guitar( 吉他 ). Almost every kind of music needs a guitar. Country and westem music
would not be the same without a guitar. The Spanish music called flamenco could not
exist without a guitar. The sound of American blues music would not be the same
without the sad cry of the guitar. And rock and roll music would almost be impossible
without this instrument.
People do not agree about where the guitar was first played, but most agree it
is very old. Somesay an instrument very much like a guitar was played in Egypt more
than one thousand years ago. Some others say that an old form of the modem guitar
was brought to Spain from Persia sometime in the 12 century. The guitar continued
to develop in Spain. In the 1700s it became similar to the instrument we know today.
Many famous musicians played the instrument. The famous musician Niccolo
Paganinni played and wrote music for the guitar in the early 1800s. Franz Schubert
used the guitar to write some of his famous works. In modem times Andres Segovia
helped make the instrument extremely popular.